Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grassnut100

My rosemallow is dying, help

grassnut100
14 years ago

Has anyone ever experienced rosemallow (dinner plate hibiscus) slowing dying after growing very healthy stems, leaves and buds?

I have 3 well established (3 years plus) rosemallow plants in various locations in the garden. This particular one started coming back in late June, healthy strong stems that grew to 4 feet, and HUNDREDS of buds. I was so excited until 3 weeks ago when the flowers started to bloom, part of the plant started to wilt. The buds did not open, leaves turned yellow and then brown. I saw some tiny green caterpillars on some leaves, sprayed but that did not work. (my other 2 plants also have some caterpillars but they are thriving)

I think the root system is also fine because I still see some tiny stems trying to shoot up from the ground.

It also does not look like it is lacking in water. Afterall it has been wet in Toronto this summer. My other plants around it are fine.

It is a mystery.

Can anyone provide some suggestions? I don't think I can save this one but hope to try and prevent it from happening again.

HELP and THANKS

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm