Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why Are Impatient Seeds So Expensive?

Posted by luv_gardening___ont 5a (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 28, 06 at 12:03

Could anyone explain this to me. I love growing them from seed.The plants seem to be stronger and healthier than the store bought plants. But the price you pay for the amount that you get is just crazy, and that is just the plain everyday brand. Two years ago I missed collecting seeds before they died from frostbite.So this year my friend was going to try and collect her seeds for me, but it seems they have all popped on her. So my last question is can you buy them bulk from anywhere?
Thanks
Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why Are Impatient Seeds So Expensive?

• Posted by marric Z5b Ontario (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 29, 06 at 13:51

Have you tried any of the catalogues? Most of them offer small or larger orders. For example Veseys has Tempo Frosty Mix, 25 seeds for 3.95 or 100 seeds for 10.95. Stokes does this to. Marric

o

• Posted by sammyqc NE Quebec/zn 4 (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 29, 06 at 21:51

Are you looking for any particular type? I could scrounge around and see if I have any left, from last fall. I didn't actually plant any this year, so I should have some. But these are just your ordinary run of the mill mix, pinks,reds whites, nothing special. If you're interested, send me an email. Didn't think they would be pricey.

o

I have some collected 2005, (they germinated fine for me) also some collected this year. Happy to share for SASBE. Mixed colours, but one packet that is for sure fuschia. Email me if you want some.

o

Thanks so much for the great offers.
Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here