Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

Persian Shield

marricgardens
10 years ago

I live near Barrie and I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy a Persian Shield plant or seeds? Thanks. Marg

Comments (7)

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Found it!

• greylady_gardener
    10 years ago

Marg, I would love to know where you found it! :) I have also been searching for it with no luck.
    (of course I am no where near you but would still like to know :))

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I found out it was from Proven Winners so I went on the site and looked for the closest dealers. There are a no. of them but Bradford Gallery carries PW so I emailed and asked if they would have it and just got a reply saying that they would have 4" pots of it in the spring. If there's a BG near you email them and ask if they will also carry it or can they get it in. Hope this helps. Marg

• greylady_gardener
    10 years ago

Thanks Marg. Good idea. I looked for PW suppliers near me and there are several. I have been searching and have not found it (even in some of the places stating that they carry PWs). I will contact the one closest to me later in the season and ask if they will stock it in the spring.

thanks again.

• diane_v_44
    10 years ago

Have to look up what Persian Shield is
    Seems I have heard of the name but not just remember which plant it is

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    10 years ago

Ahhhh, the elusive Persian Shield, I finally found it in a nursery on the mainland the summer of 2012. I took cuttings and wintered them under lights. They were planted out the next spring, such a pretty plant but darn, lost them this summer due to health issues that kept me out of the garden :(.
    Greyladygardener I hope to pick up some more plants this coming spring so if you don't find it in your neck of the woods let me know, if I manage to get my hands on them again I could send you some cuttings. Although an annual it's one plant I just have to have.

Annette

• greylady_gardener
    10 years ago

Annette, I hope that things are going better for you now. Very frustrating to not be able to get out into the garden when the weather is nice! :( I had some "self inflicted" issues this past summer.....trying to get on with a garden overhaul and went at it too vigorously and got laid up with a painful back for almost two weeks....went out as soon as I 'thought' that I was better and did the same thing! Embarrassed to say that did it a third time!!....apparently I don't learn lessons very well! :) It was so frustrating to sit inside with ice on my back while watching the weeds grow and the garden reno sitting there half done. At least I have the winter to really let my back heal and will go at it very carefully next year and right now all the bricks and bags of topsoil and mulch are covered in several inches of snow so I don't have to look at it. :)

So why is Persian shield so hard to find in certain areas? I have only seen pics of it that have been posted and immediately had to have it.....but so far no luck. I have found places that do carry PW plants so will contact them and see if they have it or will order it in. I will let you know if I am not successful! thanks so much for the offer. :)

Sponsored
Russell Combs Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Richmond City's Comprehensive Outdoor Landscape Design Firm