Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Just about any canna

Posted by jaceysgranny 7aAR (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 07 at 1:52

I'm afraid my few cannas aren't going to make it thru the winter. They've been in a huge puddle all winter. I couldn't dig them due to back problems which I had surgery for Friday and hopefully will heal in time to garden. Anyway, I'd love to have any cannas except I don't need:

Red Stripe
Tropicana (I hope it makes it)
an unknown salmon colored med one

I don't have any canna to trade except for the Red Stripe but I have:

Lycoris Radiata
Narcissi Minnow (small trade)
Stella D'oro daylily
Narcissi Tete-a-Tete (small trade)
Peace Plant several divisions if you wish
a few Red Hot Poker plants
grape kool-aid scented TB Iris
TB Iris that looks like Midnight Purple velvet to me. It's
awesome and I don't really care for most purple ones

If none of these will work for you I may have other things. I haven't been out to the gardens for several months now.

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Just about any canna

I'll be happy to send some Canna Conestoga (tall lemon yellow) and/or Canna Indica Indian Shot (not quite as tall, coral red species-type flowers) in return for some Narcissus Minnow & Lycoris Radiata.

I can send a biggish box (bigger than the flat-rate box, as cannas are bulky but not heavy) for about $8.

Please email me at sylviaboardwalk@aol.com if you'd like to do this; I sometimes forget to check the forums!

o
re: wanted: ps: forgot to say...

If I can find them, I have some Richard Wallace, a tall light yellow with nice foliage.

(Give this one lots of room: it spreads like a rumor!)

o

Hi Nancy, I have plenty of Journey's End (yellow with red polka dots) and a pink with purple leaves, but the name escapes me right now. I'd love some of your iris or whatever you can spare. This is my first response in years here - life has been busy!
Thanks!
Cindy

o

Nancy! Do you still want cannas? I would happily share with you ~ marea

o

Nancy-Did you get all the cannas you wanted? I have lots of cannas that I can send you. LMK
Shirley

o

I have over large 100 seeds and 400 Rhizomes to trade for all other colors. I love my red but needs some other mixed in. I hve the Rhizomes dug up cleaned and stored for winter so while they are a sleep make me some tade offers. If you want any of these tell me what you will trade. I wish you was close to me I would come and dig them up. I would like to have them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here