Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bfern

WANTED: uprooted clump of bambusa tuloides ventricosa

bfern
18 years ago

i have an uprooted clump of bambusa tuloides ventricosa also known as buddha belly bamboo. was given the wrong plant by nursery and have replaced with the bamboo i wanted. i kept three pieces for myself as these do very well if planted in a container and stressed. this is when they develop the swollen nodes hence the name buddha belly. if planted in ground will grow to about 50 feet and very tight clumper.

clump is too large to ship, pick up preferred either in fort myers area or i do go to sarasota twice a week.

would like to trade for canna tubers, heliconia tubers or passionflower vine.

Comment (1)

• wanna_run_faster
    18 years ago

Hi Bfern,

I don't have anything that you're looking for but take a look at my list and see if anything else interests you. I would love even just a couple of rhizomes of your buddha if your would consider cutting a couple out and mailing them to me. Otherwise, if I do have something you're interested in I could drive over to Fort Meyers (I'm west of Fort Lauderdale). I also have 2 palms that are in 3 gallon pots (foxtail), I thought they would work to replace some Alexander's that died but the look in wrong so if you're interested in those, let me know. I also have a coconut palm if you want. Thanks!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022