Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: uprooted clump of bambusa tuloides ventricosa

Posted by bfern 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 5, 06 at 9:25

i have an uprooted clump of bambusa tuloides ventricosa also known as buddha belly bamboo. was given the wrong plant by nursery and have replaced with the bamboo i wanted. i kept three pieces for myself as these do very well if planted in a container and stressed. this is when they develop the swollen nodes hence the name buddha belly. if planted in ground will grow to about 50 feet and very tight clumper.
clump is too large to ship, pick up preferred either in fort myers area or i do go to sarasota twice a week.
would like to trade for canna tubers, heliconia tubers or passionflower vine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: uprooted clump of bambusa tuloides ventricosa

Hi Bfern,

I don't have anything that you're looking for but take a look at my list and see if anything else interests you. I would love even just a couple of rhizomes of your buddha if your would consider cutting a couple out and mailing them to me. Otherwise, if I do have something you're interested in I could drive over to Fort Meyers (I'm west of Fort Lauderdale). I also have 2 palms that are in 3 gallon pots (foxtail), I thought they would work to replace some Alexander's that died but the look in wrong so if you're interested in those, let me know. I also have a coconut palm if you want. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here