Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: musafolia or other large canna

Posted by joefalco z8 MB SC (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 07 at 18:34

wanted large cannas I have wyoming and others that i dont know the names of some with maron leaves

i can trade I also have a few bamboos gingers and bananas located in SC near Myrtle Beach

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: musafolia or other large canna

I have some Red King Humbert canna. Large, burgandy leaves, orange/red blooms. My clump started as a single plant last summer and now has 12-15 stalks 7-8'. I have one small division in a pot at the moment. Could procure more if desired. What boos and bananas do you have if interested.
Chris

o

Sorry Joe I never received your email and obviously you haven't received my gw one from the other day either.
Chris

o

how can we contact each other email me kevin@govalue.net

o

I have quite a few Bengal canna's when mature reach 77", let me know what types of gingers and banana's you have

o

Tophersmith

I can't email you because of your gardenweb settings..

Here is my reply to your email...

I have several types of bamboo but only my bambusa multiplex silverstripe and bambusa multiplex goldengoddess is ready to be divided.

I pretty much already traded my musa basjoos but there will be more pups this year for trade.

I don't know what types of GINGERS I have I have 2 types though one is tall I think it is called Butterfly ginger and one is more bushywith wide leaves. Sorry I don't know the names they were given to me..

I just googled Bengal canna and I do like the look, I don't have a lot of trade right now but I would be interested in Postage or a few bucks plus postage or my bambusa multiplex species.
- Show quoted text -

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:11:04, tophersmith wrote:

[This is a follow-up to your posting on
GardenWeb's Canna Forum, located at:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/canna/ ]

(PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)

I have quite a few Bengal canna's when mature reach 77', let me know what types of gingers and banana's you have

tophersmith

Reply Forward

o

I have just what your looking for! Canna Musafolia aka "banana cann". It spreads quicker than I can trade them from a HUGE rhyzome and gets very tall. Mine were moved to our new house this year and are already 7' tall in spite of being in less than full sun. I would certainly want to trade for the bambusa.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Joe,

My email is csmith@slickedit.com.
I would be willing to try the bamboo

o

Hey Southaltropical are we going to trade?

o

tophersmith, your musafolia and banana pup are on the way. I also sent a couple rhyzomes of Florence Vaughn canna.

o

Southaltropical, I received my plants today, they look great how cold tolerant do you think the bannana is?

o

I have some Big red seeds and Rhizomes would like to trade for other colors. sase I have 200 seeds and 300 Rhizomes.

Thank You
Plez Baxter
plezbaxter@yahoo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here