Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: wanted super tall canas

Posted by joefalco z8 MB SC (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 31, 06 at 22:52

I am not sure what they are called but I am looking for some really super tall canas that will grow without extra watering.

I have clumbing bamboo to trade bambusa multiplex "goldengoddess" my other bamboos are not ready to be divided yet.

Have other common cannas, Gingers, elephant ears, musa bajsoo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: wanted super tall canas

I have a couple of cannas that have just topped our at 8 ft in my zone 5 garden, would love some bamboo but i dont think it will survive here, perhapswe can work a trade.

o

I have omega (7', banana green leaves, peach ginger blooms, intrigue (7' bronze leaves, orange ginger blooms). Also have Musefolia (7', green leaves with burgandy margins on leaves as well as on the stalk, red blooms). I would love bambusa multiplex "goldengoddess". How do you divide bamboo??? I have timber bamboo that needs dividing badly.

Thanks,

Daisy

o

Hi,
I have Richard Wallace that have grown nearly ten feet tall in half day sun for the last two years. They have huge tropical leaves and are extremely prolific. I can send all you want. I'd love to trade for some different types of cannas - anything you have. (I'd love the bamboo, but don't know if it will like it here in zone 6 (NJ). We already have some bamboo, p. nuda and p. aureosulcata, which are doing fine and getting tall. We are trying to make a privacy screen along our rear property line. If you have a lot to trade, maybe I'd try it in an area forward of the taller ones.)
Look forward to hearing from you,
Dottie (dbjorklund@juno.com)

o

i would love super tall cana also...I have a back porch that needs the half day shade they would provide.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here