Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canna 'Richard Wallace'?

Posted by redsnowflake 7A - TN (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 07 at 10:30

I was given several cannas about a month ago, and the first bloom has opened up for me today! Yay! It is under 3' tall and extremely prolific! I planted 5 plants and now, counting all the smaller shoots that are coming up, I have 19 already! After just one month. I'm pretty sure this is a 'Richard Wallace'.

I also have some slightly taller (around 4' or so) cannas that judging by the foliage I'm pretty sure they are red 'King Humbert', but I'll have to wait for the first bloom to open to make a more positive identification. Will be sure to post pics when the first bloom does open (which should be any day now).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canna 'Richard Wallace'?

I love that first one. Short, nice green tint and a very pretty yellow....

I planted a lot of giants this year. About twenty or so banana cana, "musofolio?" and a number of others. I don't think my wife realizes what I have done. They haven't begin to grow, so the yard still looks normal. It's going to be a monster garden.

I'll proabably have to get some nice shorter ones like you have next year... But they are beautiful plants.

Thanks for the pictures!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here