Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aachenelf

What canna is #1 on your wish list?

aachenelf z5 Mpls
19 years ago

For me it has to be almost any from the Zodiac Series. Probably Pisces and Virgo would tie for first place.

White cannas like Snow Dragon are right up there too.

Which ones are you lusting after?

Kevin

Comments (23)

• marquest
    19 years ago

I want a white flower. Need to do some research because I want a big white flower. I love white in the garden evening white garden is so pretty.

• hollakes
    19 years ago

I have the Zodiac series but I would love to have the pale pink one with the white trim on the edge of the petals But I don't know the name

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hollakes

Check out this site. They have many of the Zodiac series. Look for the ones with "Australian, Bernard Yorke" after the name.

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Cannas

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Kansas City.

• kbmtholly
    19 years ago

PDN has a new canna named cleopatra. I love its two toned foliage but I refuse to pay $20 for it, atleast for now.

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    19 years ago

kbmtholly

Here's another source for that one. 3 varieties of Cleopatra at $3.95 each.

Here is a link that might be useful: TyTy

• Boca_Joe(zone 7b) southern Delaware
    19 years ago

Ty Ty-- NO NO
    stay away- BAD people---

Cleopatra is NOT new and readily avaiable from many sources. Have you tried EBAY?
    Boca Joe

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Boca Joe is right. Garden Watchdog gives this company a very bad rating. Sorry for the link. He is also correct about this not being a new variety. I know I've seen it all over the place in garden centers. You could probably also post a message on the trade page and I'm sure someone would have it.

k

• kbmtholly
    19 years ago

thanks for the advice, and the warning. Maybe I can find it in the exchange.

• jenna1
    19 years ago

I'm with Marquest...any of the whites, preferrably with the pink throats or falls.

Jenna

• desperationfalls
    19 years ago

Where else can we get the Zodiac Series--or any one of them?

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I think Karchesky is the only place in the US. I've never spent that much for a canna, but I'm really starting to think it would be worth it.

kd

• dees
    19 years ago

Kansas City, for me toooo.
    Dee

• Bulbogirl
    19 years ago

I like the Zodiac also.

• Aviddamy AZ Zone 9B
    19 years ago

Horn Canna Farm has Cleopatra for 1.50 a bulb. Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleopatra

• BlueSkyEyzes
    19 years ago

PRINCESS DI Canna !!!!!

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

Princess Di for me too. I bought it last year from Park's and received dead bulbs. They gave me a credit because they don't carry it this year...wonder if there's a relationship between that and the bad rhizomes I got?!!

Patrick

• wolflover
    19 years ago

Panache is my most wanted. I am also lusting after Kansas City. Got it in a trade last summer but it croaked. :-(

• joanne77
    18 years ago

tropicana is # 1 on my list

• zitro_joe
    18 years ago

Almost anything created by Donnie Hallman or Brian Williams - these guys have unbelievable talent in creating some new canna hybrids. zitro_joe

• rebane
    18 years ago

Pink Sunburst
    We hope organize our first canna exhibition in Estonia and
    form Europa I didn´t find this ordinary beautiful canna cultivar!

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Zodiac's Sagittarius for me! But I can't make myself pay $25 for it. Maybe we could all order one type of the Zodiacs and trade them when they multiply. Does anyone know if they multiply readily? I also like Snow Dragon for a white.

Nancy

• skygardening
    18 years ago

Hard to name just one. Panache, Pink Sunburst, any zodiac. Got Princess Di, Kansas City and Cleopatra already. Seems hard to make trades for me on this site.

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling