Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
planting question

Posted by Anisten 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 25, 05 at 17:59

I planted a Canna the last couple of weeks and I placed the rhizome with what looks like roots down. Today I dug it up to see if anything was happening and I saw nothing on the top but new "roots" in the bottom with what looked like the plant shoot growing in the middle. Have I planted it wrong, should it be upside down?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: planting question

You can plant a canna bulb pretty much anyway and it will eventually straighten itself out. My question is where did you plant it? If you planted outside it is way too early and cold for them.

If you planted inside just provide it with full sun a south facing window is great and warmth. Cannas will stop growing if they are cold so try to maintain temps at least 68 degrees or better. HTH, Tara

o
RE: planting question

Thankyou for your knowledgeable response. I did plant it in a pot indoors hoping to try the houseplant way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here