Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardy yellow canna

Posted by bobwtn z6TN (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 05 at 10:02

I live in Zone 6 on the Cumberland Plateau of Northern Tennessee. I was given a yellow blooming canna 5-6 years ago that is hardy in my yard. I have never dug them up in the fall. Has anyone else heard of this type? I would be glad to share as I need to divide them soon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardy yellow canna

Bob, I have seen a red one in my neighbors yard that he has planted close to the house that comes back every year. It looks like president.

Maybe you have it planted in a micro climate area. I would love to try a piece when you are ready to dig.

o

I would like to try a piece also. lmk

o

Maybe it is a Richard Wallace???...just a guess! I am DYING for this canna if it is! What are you looking for? Looks like I need to move south!!

Linda

o

I have some red canna rhizomes I would trade for your yellow cannas, if you are interested. Let me know. Thanks.

o

I have just dug up some cannas I have had for several years. I live in Middle TN. Mine are yellow too. They seem pretty hardy and have really multiplied. I'm planning to share some with a friend but will have lots left over. If someone has some things to share in exchange, I would be happy to share. I'm helping a friend get some plants to her property. She has several acres and hasn't really planted anything yet. Let me know if anyone would like to do an exchange. I see some of you are from New York. I moved from Long Island to Middle TN.

o

would love to trade for that color. I have some red canna seeds.

o

I would love some canna if you have enough. Just moved and have a large yard to fill. thanks, I have a few seeds posted for trade, but not a complete list yet.
SDFlowers

o

i had some yellow canna last year. they were beautiful. i never dug them up- i didn't know i was supposed to.the rhizomes are now all mushy! i bought them out of my area-on vacation. if you have any left i would love to provide the postage for it. i know you posted this a while ago, but no one here has yellow-only red!i could send some seeds in trade if you are interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here