Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have experience with shipping time

Posted by NGraham z6 KY (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 15, 05 at 10:11

I ordered some cannas for Horn Canna farm last fall, I need time to prepare a bed for them but weather has been chilly. I haven't received any notice from them that they have shipped, I realize it's really pretty early. Anyone have any idea when they normally ship when fall ordered?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have experience with shipping time

• Posted by Jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 15, 05 at 17:30

Most nurseries keep track of where the purchaser is, and do not ship until the zone they are going to is in a frost-free state. That way, they avoid any liability. Feel free to get your bed ready, but zone 6 may be a while before it is frost free.

o

Thanks, I thought I was just getting anxious, but I see cannas in the nursery for sale. I don't usually put my cannas in the ground til early May, but when they are for sale so early I was panicing. I think our frost free day is mid April, surely we will have a few warm, dry days before then!

o

Horn's doesn't usually ship to anything under zone 9 until mid to late March. They are very dependable and you will get your cannas..........hang tight......spring's a' comin'!!

"eyes"

o

I'm gettin so antsy though! I hope we have a real spring this year instead of jumping right into summer. And I want my cannas "now", never mind that Horn is way more capable of holding them than I am til the weather is ready! I just want to be able to touch them :) Thanks! I have been hearing great things about Horn & I'm sure I will get them at the correct time, I guess I just need lots of reassurance & reminders of patience :)

o

Canna fever.Catch it!you could buy some at the store and start them indoors.You probably won't get the ones you ordered for maybe a month(guessing).

o

I also ordered from Horn Canna Farm and can't wait to get my hands on my new canna's....I think I ordered about 21 cannas. I have heard such good things on this forum about Horn and can't wait to get my new cannas in the ground (1st or 2nd week of May around this area).

o

Horn order submitted last week Sunday (3/20) and my box came on Thursday! What service and product looked great.

Zone 4

Bob

o

HEY! No fair! I ordered last fall, I shoulda got mine first :( Just kidding, I can't get anything out in this mud now anyway. Glad to know that they look good though. Anyone have a Fred's discount store? I happened to stop in, never expected to find bulbs, but they have cannas in packages of 3 for $1.50 pk. Short pieces, but fat & healthy looking. I bought a pack of mixed & of President just to make me feel better. I know, shouldn't buy from boxed stores, but they were so cheap.

o

I ordered last fall and mine arrived 2 weeks ago. Great looking bulbs too. Maybe you should give them a call and find out whats going on with your order. HTH, Tara

o

• Posted by rokal LongIsland/z6b (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 30, 05 at 15:46

I ordered from BloomingBulb.com and I just rec'd notification that my cannas have been shipped. When ordered, they said they would arrive between April 1st and April 15th. This was based on my zone.

o

Thanks Tara, I emailed Horn Wednesday morning after reading your message. They promptly replied & said mine are scheduled to ship Apr 11. I noticed on their web site that a couple of their canna are sold out-I'll be comin' after Bob if they gave him one o' mine :) I was really impressed with their quick response, everyone says they are great, I'm really looking forward to dealing with them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here