Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tropicanna

Posted by farslayr (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 29, 05 at 10:53

fyi

I got 2 - 2 gallon pots of Tropicanna cannas at my local HD yesterday for $12 ea.

far

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tropicanna

• Posted by JGro 8 Portland,OR (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 29, 05 at 17:02

I got the same thing at HD a couple of weeks ago. Went back a week later and they well ALL gone!

o

The two Home Depots in my area usually get several shipments of Tropicanna through the Spring and Summer months.

Jenna

o

Work at Lowe's Garden Center, have Tropicanna too. Received 6 2 gallon pots for 12.98 each and its been a week and no one has bought one.........Wish we had your interest here :)

o

I had never seen a Tropicanna before and I came upon some at my neighborhood Target store-- I fell in love immediately and bought two. I repotted them (one was ready to burst out of its container!) and they're now sitting in a sunny area of my patio. I can't get over how stunningly gorgeous they are-- and no genetic engineering, I don't believe. I paid $12.99 each and they're about two feet tall. I watch them like a hawk because I don't want any pests to bother them.

o

I love Tropicanna also.

I have been growing it here for about 5 years now. Started with 1 pot - paid $34.99 for a 2 gallon size.

Was a steal because all the ones here for sale are infected with a virus.

Saw them listed in a Rona flyer for $17.88 for 1 gal. I sell my extras for $6 for 1 gal. Helps to pay for my soilless mix costs.

:)

o

• Posted by edie_h 5 NY (Finger Lakes) (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 10:57

Tropicanna is gorgeous, if you get a healthy one. The big box stores here have Tropicanna and Tropicanna Black, but with dead brown streaks through the foliage. Virus? Or poor care? Either way I won't buy from them.

o

Bought one for my mother at Home Depot. $12.99ish. Beautiful plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here