Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The lawncare people cut down my cannas HELP

Posted by DanaHealer z7b AL (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 05 at 16:16

The lawncare people cut down about 20 of my newly popping up cannas. There were anywhere from 2 - 20 inches tall.
Any idea if these plant will continue to grow & flower?
Anything I can do for them.

Thanks,
Dana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The lawncare people cut down my cannas HELP

Dana-
When my parents first moved into their new home, Dad mowed over the cannas without knowing what they were, and they kept coming back. Finally, he got smart and decided to see what he was mowing, and was rewarded with cannas. Don't worry. It is hard to kill cannas. Now, he can't find people to give the tubers to when he needs to thin out, and he roto-tills the soil, and enough survive to re-populate over the next couple of years.
Enjoy!~
Amy

o

Hi Dana,
My next door neighbor did the same for 2 years thinking they were a weed of some sort. So do not worry if my neighbors survived after all that yours will be fine.
HTH,
Tara

o

Thank you for the information.
The lawn guys came back and I showed them were NOT to mow.
I hope this is the last plant decapitation.
Thanks
dana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here