Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canna not back

Posted by rotarycoach 7, GA (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 31, 09 at 22:41

I have some Cannas that I planted last year at the bottom of a slope where the ground stays pretty moist. They unfortunately have not made an appearance yet this spring... My question is do you think they experienced rot over the winter, or is this too early and maybe they will be sprouting up later. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canna not back

It is safe to dig em up. Dig them up so you'll know their status.

o

Unless your cannas sat in water all winter, I bet they're fine;
in Georgia, as here in Texas, cannas are tremendously happy, & they'll come back forever.

Mine in zone 8a have just started emerging, so yours may be a little bit later.

(but if you've dug them up, don't worry; I don't think cannas care if they're dug up, moved around, whatever!)

o

They dont like winter moisture in zone 7. Dig them up and if they are musshy then they have rotted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here