Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glick_gw

need canna help

glick
17 years ago

Help! I am new to Cannas and decided to try a new dwarf variety called Candy Festival that I purchased from a mail order company (initials are VB). Last year my small rhizome came dead in the mail; this year I purchased six bare root rhizomes with the hope of getting at least one viable plant. I started them in pots indoors, they ALL sprouted and I was thrilled!! The problem is that light green streaks and very small light green dots are showing on the leaves of all six plants,(they currently have 2-3 leaves). I can tell the leaf pattern is present even on new leaves that have not unrolled yet. The description the company gave for these Cannas makes no mention of variegated leaves. Just in case, I have isolated the cannas from my other cannas that I started from seed,(look unaffected and healthy). I donÂt see any bugs with a magnifying glass. I suspect Canna Virus or some sort of root stress in the Candy Festival rhizomes but I want to verify this or rule out other possibilities. Does anyone have any experience with this variety of Canna or have any ideas about what could cause this leaf pattern? Are these Cannas diseased or is this just a normal leaf coloring for this variety? I found some information with pictures regarding Canna Virus that was very helpful at the following website www.hartcanna.com/virus in case anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: canna

Comments (2)