Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is it a dud?

Posted by tonks 8 GA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 05 at 16:05

i purchased 4 dwarf cannas. 2 each of 2 varieties. they came dormant. i planted them all in the same big pot like the four points of a cross. 2 have awakened and are growing. 2 are not. i can tell that the two that have grown are of the same variety because they are parallel to each other and that's how i planted them. do you suppose that the other variety might have a later cycle? or do you think they're duds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is it a dud?

My 1st question to you is what size pot did you use? The reason I ask is even dwarf Cannas need alot of room to grow. What I would do if it were me I would very carefully dig them up take the 2 that have not sprouted yet plant them in a seperate pot and wait. Some Canna's sprout later than others. Until they sprout go easy on the water so they do not rot. HTH, Tara

o

there is heavy debate about the size of the pot. it's somewhere between 5 and 10 gallons. i'll try putting them in a seperate pot if that's going to help but i really wanted them in the same pot. should i just go get a larger one?

o

You could go to a larger one but, I would leave the 2 that have sprouted in the one you have now and put the other 2 in the new pot. Just make sure when you dig up do it gently.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here