Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canna Stuttgart virus? (photos)

Posted by warrengk ca (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 11 at 16:19

My canna that i have had in the ground for 3 years now is just starting to wake up, noticed that the leaves looked a little different this time. This is the only canna i grow. So please help me figure out what this is, also i dont have any other plants that are virused. please help!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canna Stuttgart virus? (photos)

Your plant does exhibit some discoloration in the leaves but I would not be terrible concerned at this time. If by chance we are dealing with a canna virus it would not affect your other plants. I cannot positively identify the typical symptoms of the two most destructive viruses CaYMY or CaYSV. It is possible you are dealing with what some consider one of the lesser viruses or simply a nutrient deficiency. I would definitely give it a few weeks and see how the plant develops. If this is truly C. �Stuttgart, it produces leaves with segments devoid of chlorophyll. This might be a factor although I rather doubt that. If it was my plant, I would delay any decision especially since you have no other cannas. Be sure to supply adequate nutrients.

Kent

o
RE: Canna Stuttgart virus? (photos)

Are you sure you had no signs of virus in previous years? Regardless, the plant doesn't look like Stuttgart. Sometimes, Stuttgart will revert. If blooms aren't nice, doesn't worth saving.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here