Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homebodygal

cross-breeding canna

homebodygal
17 years ago

Hello everybody. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about cross-breeding canna. I recently sprouted some seeds that a friend gave me about three years ago that I had forgotten about. Two thirds of them have come up purply and one third solid green. They are doing well and I don't think I'll have any problems transplanting and growing them in the yard thanks to lurking on this board for a while and reading you all's good advice. I have been so excited by the growth of my little canna that I just ordered a few seeds (Intrigue) off the internet. When I was much younger (junior high) I used to enjoy cross-breeding flowers (the baggie and paintbrush method) to see what I would get. I have no idea what kinds of canna I have yet, but so many on this board have collected and sprouted seeds, I am interested to know if anyone knows which features are dominant and usually result when different kinds are allowed to cross-pollinate naturally. Like are green leaves more common than purple, red flowers more than yellow, etc. I'm not looking for anything scientific- just any observations any of you all might have. Thanks- Liz

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH