Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tropicanna at Kmart

Posted by livsauntieshel 6b/7a south PA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 21, 11 at 22:31

The local Kmart has 2 gal tropicannas out already. I looked, but not too closely. From a few feet away I could tell they didn't look healthy. Sad, I would like to add a Tropicanna to my collection but I'm not going to risk all my other cannas for one.

Maybe it's just the cool wet weather we've had, but it looked like possible virus.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tropicanna at Kmart

That is to bad. I got mine about 2 months ago and it is doing great. I hate when the stores do not even care to take care of the plants they have. Such a waste. Paula =^..^=

o

I found a few like that at K'Mart last year but some much healthier looking ones at Home Depot and Lowes this year. They may have gotten beat up in transit, so you maybe you could just cut them back and see what happens.

o

I wouldn't buy them if they don't look good.

I bought a nice looking canna Tropicanna at Lowe's last year and returned it a few weeks later because it was definitely diseased. It didn't grow and started oozing black goo along the stems. Fortunately it did not infect any of my other plants.

o

Ew

No, I didn't buy any, I'd love one but I don't think it's worth the risk.

o

All the Tropicannas I've seen at Lowe's are badly infected with virus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here