Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tropicanna canna ?

Posted by peatpod Z5b Ontario (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 7, 05 at 23:08

Today when I attended a garden show .. I looked for some Tropicanna. Well the ones that the vendor was selling was labled as Tropicanna but the leaves were verigaated green. Are there two types???

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tropicanna canna ?

That sounds like 'Bengal Tiger' canna to me. Similar in that the leaves are striped, but certainly not the same

sea ya
tami

o

Laura,
Is there a possibility that the label was ‘Tropicanna Gold’ and not just ‘Tropicanna’? The ‘Tropicanna Gold’ does have the green variegated foliage whereas ‘Tropicanna’ has the red variegated foliage. Kent

o

Im not sure Kent .. I asked if they had Tropicanna and thats what they showed me .. I didnt really pay any attention to the label other than the picture .. when I go back tomorrow I will take a peek :o)

To me it looked like a Bengal Tiger .. but now you have my curiosity peeked Kent.

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here