Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angel Pink Beauty - how tall, please?

Posted by jo_in_tx (My Page) on
Sun, May 21, 06 at 9:46

This is a salmon colored canna with a yellow throat. I'd like to know how tall it gets. I'm planting it behind Primrose yellow, and I want to make sure I'm not making a mistake. The tag from the nursery says it will get four feet tall, but a source online says only two feet tall.

I'm in zone nine.

Thanks so much.

Jo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angel Pink Beauty - how tall, please?

The height of a particular canna variety can vary depending on conditions, but I wouldn't bet on an Angel Pink growing to four feet. I used to have one that grew to maybe two and a half feet at best.

Unless the one with that nursery tag is a division of a mutation that tends to grow taller, four feet is probably an error.

o

The first question requiring an answer is if you actually have C. Angel Pink or C. Pink Beauty. From your description, I will assume you have received Angle Pink. There is no canna cultivar named Angel Pink Beauty. Angle Pink typically grows 2 to 3 and slightly shorter than Primrose Yellow. You may wish to plant it to the front. Regards, Kent

o

I just bought a plant yesterday labled pink Beauty Canna (Canna x Generalis 'Pink Beauty'). The grower is Southern Treasures; and this plant is definitly a dark pink, much closer to being red than salmon. The tag says 30" tall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here