Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleinopp

Let's see your plants!

I moved these here about 6 weeks ago, they were just starting to poke out of the ground. I hope these plants help stop the erosion at this corner of Mom's driveway, and won't hurt anybody's car if they aim wrong backing out/pulling in. (With Gladiolus, Oxalis crassipes, Liriope.)

(Don't know why the chunk of curb is there, sorry, didn't even see it looking at the plants the other day - one-track mind.)

What's coming up in your pots or yard?

Comments (9)

• Maria2013
    9 years ago

Those cannas look really good! I'll take some pictures of mine later, and see if I can figure out how to post them

PS I too like the gardening before and after :)

• Billie Dale
    6 years ago

I started from the most recent comments and found myself all the way back to June 2014 ...and still no generous sharing of blooms and more blooms.
    It looks like someone tried to get the ball rolling -but nope! No takers!
    This forum needs some pep, verve, action, participation.........and blooms, people, gorgeous, drop-dead canna blooms!
    Oh, well.

• Kindness Matters (NE Ohio 6a)
    6 years ago

I agree... These are some of the prettiest flowers out there, but for some reason people aren't showing them off like other plants. This time of year would be perfect for sharing pics that were taken earlier in the year. Oh well, wishful thinking I guess. Don't have anything at all to share yet myself, bought my first canna rhizomes late in the season thinking I could overwinter them just fine in the basement, but less than two months in more than half of them are already completely shriveled. So much for that experiment. Hate to waste money like that, but hopefully I can get new ones in the Spring. And hopefully they're virus-free since I do want to keep trying the overwintering thing, not treat them as annuals.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I agree, let's see more blooms!

I'm sorry to report that the spot ended up being a horrible one for Cannas. They DO get run over occasionally, and the past 2 summers of drought have been devastating. Most of the other bulbs seem dead & only a few sprigs of Canna foliage were there by the time Jack Frost hit this area a few weeks ago.

• Dorion Fields
    6 years ago

My last post of blooms was in November...I have quite a few growing from my livingroom to my bedroom and in my basement...and to Pampered Peeps up top, just because your plants shriveled doesn't mean you're out of the race...the bulbs are still there and hope as well...I had some the frost hit and after I took them inside thawed them acclmated them/air dried I replanted and they came right up...come spring I have a huge jump-start...all I have to do is get some of my seeds up and going I've collected... and I have experiments I'm conducting like growing conditions and grafting...this season will be interesting on my end...to me anyway

• Kindness Matters (NE Ohio 6a)
    6 years ago

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!!!

• Dorion Fields
    5 years ago

Love the Thai Rainbow...I'm definitely ordering that for next spring...unless you had some separate virus free bulbs you'd like to trade

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    5 years ago

Oh my. I don't think I saw these back in February when they were posted! They're still amazing and so well grown :)

I love the container plantings.