Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
izharhaq

Do you like Dwarf Canna?

izharhaq
13 years ago

Initially I was not interested in Cannas because we used have only the tall and small flowered varieties available in our area, but last year I saw some very dwarf varieties upto 7"-8" and blooming...!!! I bought one (July '09), but on my way home i knocked down the whole flower stalk. I repotted the small plant into a very large cement container, it remained green untill we shifted to our new home (Aug '09), as the pot was very large we were not able to empty and bring it to the new home, we left it in its place. I immediately got busy in my exams and completely forgot the small plant. In Feb '10 when me and my father were cleaning our old place as routine, I suddenly remembered and dig the big pot for the tubers and found one completely and one nearly dried tuber.

I planted the one which seemed to me alive in my bed for summer annuals (Feb '10) and was rewarded with beautiful blooms in mid of May '10 (temperatures exceeding 100* F with low humidity):

{{gwi:19058}}

Total height of this Canna is 7 inches and the other bloom in the pic is Haemanthus multiflorus "Football lily". I admit that I have become a fan for the hardiness and beauty of these Dwarf Canna varieties and looking to bring more colors in future.

Regards,

Izhar

Comments (3)

Sponsored