Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kent

Posted by lou_texas 8a N Central TX (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 12 at 16:18

Kent, I haven't been on the canna forum for a year or two at least (I've been on the rose forum), but today I had some time . . .

I see you're still here patiently addressing newbies' questions as well as the questions of seasoned growers. what a treasure you are!

I'm wondering if you are still hybridizing cannas or just grow them in a garden setting because you love them? I always thought about your place each time I drove from Texas through Arkansas to Missouri. I always wanted to stop by before you retired and were no longer in business. Now since my mother passed, I no longer take that trip up through Arkansas. Glad to know your expertise will be here for us on the garden web when we need it through the years. Lou

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kent

Hi Lou,

Sorry you no longer make the trip to Missouri. I am sure I would have enjoyed your visit. Over the years, I have been fortunate to meet and speak with many gifted folks interested in the field of horticultural. I have always learned more than I could ever offer. The same hold true for forums such as we have here.

I still do a little hobby hybridizing but it seems to be less and less each year. I don't think I will ever get over the thrill of seeing a new seedling bloom for the first time. One needs only to consider that hybrid seedlings are one of a kind and you are one of the very first to lay eyes on that very unique plant. It matters not if it is great or average it is in itself a small wonder of nature.

I appreciate your contributions as well as all the other contributors here at the canna forum and I thank you for your kind comments.

Best regards,
Kent

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here