Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is There A Leaf Roller Preventative?

Posted by Xeramatheum SCz8 (xeramtheum@yahoo.com) on
Wed, May 18, 05 at 17:49

Ok, Ya'll got me scared to death about leaf rollers. I'm growing canna's for the first time. Is there a way to prevent these maurader? Do these catapilliars turn into some kind of moth or butterfly that lay the eggs? if yes, what do they look like so I can be on the look out!

X

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is There A Leaf Roller Preventative?

Will the leaf roller effect plants in the chicago area? Some say that they don't like areas with winter freezes and there are reports of them in Ontario.Hmmm. I have alot of cannas for the first time this year and I'm now getting very worried...
WeatherGuy

o

I use Sevin bug spray. I heard that they do not go to States where they have harsh winters but I have had them in the past and winters here can get pretty harsh.

o

try finding some Bayer advanced tree& shrub insect killer for your leaf rollers.you can unroll the leafs remove the worm to the ground and birds will eat them also.You can hand control with no sprays if not alot of cannas.I tried a preventive measure this time.after the last frost.I removed mulch and stuff and applied fresh compost& mulch and sprayed the ground.they overwinter their eggs and they hatch in March here or earilier.so far so good.I forgot to do my bengal tigers so they have some,but no new since sprayed.I purchased at lowes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here