Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canna Photos from Boca cay

Posted by boca_joe 6b/7a (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 07 at 22:26

Hey gang!

I had to rebuild all of my online photo albums when CLUBPHOTO went under.

I have gotten most of the canna photos back up along with my tropicals too. Check out the new link below to SMUGMUG.

So check 'em out and enjoy...

Boca Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Best of Boca cay photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canna Photos from Boca cay

Joe,
Your garden (& your photos)are stunning! & quite an inspiration-some questions, 1)which bananas do best for you & do they stay outdoors? 2)Your hibiscus are beautiful, do you overwinter these & what are your tips? 3)How about mandevilla, is this overwintered or put in at the beginning of the summer?

You garden looks fabulous, I bet your neighbors come over all the time, checking it out. I really love the combo of eucalyptus, xanthosoma, setacresea, lysimachia, (& some other things I couldn't identify). I'm just starting w/ hardy tropical plants & your garden is the pinnacle of what I'd like to achieve!

What is the purple-stemmed plant in photos 35 & 36 & is that fatsia w/ the pothos on a pole? Sorry for all the questions, but your creation has just blown me away, I imagine quite alot of hard work has gone into it. Thanks for sharing with us...Linda

o

thanks!
Musa basjoo is hardy here, depedning on where you live, you may be able to overwinter musella lasiocarpa, or musa sikkimensis, or musa ornata.

I think the plant in the photo is Begonia carolinafolia (giant leaves)...not sure what you are referring to as the purple stem (send me the photo).

Boca Joe

o

Great to see some of your photos back Joe! Very inspirational.

Can't wait to see the banana and taro album.

Sam

o

Boca,

Good to see your pictures suvived.

Thanks agains!

Let me know if I have something you would like to have you hands on.

ZJoe

o

calling out the old-skool peeps - Joe, you out there?

o

I always admired your garden...mine is well, almost non-existent. I had a short notice move to AZ. Left the majority of mu beauties back in Texas. Brought a few with me but I deployed and only one survived... out of all, one. Oh well.

o

Great gardens and photos, Joe :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here