Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it too late to plant bulbs in Houston

Posted by RudyBacon2 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 12:03

I got an amazing deal on some packaged cannas and would like to plant them. I'm new to the Houston area so I am not familiar with the area. Even if they would not bloom this year I just need to know if it will hurt them to plant them so late. By the way if you know about other bulbs I also got day lilies, iris, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it too late to plant bulbs in Houston

Rudy,

I am assuming that Houston refers to Houston, TX but that really would not make much difference except you do have a much longer growing season than the rest of us. Definitely plant your cannas now and provide them with plenty of sun and water. In Houston, Texas you will likely see blooms this year providing your great deal cannas are healthy.

As for your other bulbs I suspect they will survive better being planted.

Kent

o
RE: Is it too late to plant bulbs in Houston

It's never too late to plant cannas, irises, & daylilies in Texas.

The sooner you plant them, the sooner they'll take hold & thrive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here