Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Shade ' Canna (Stuttgart)

Posted by sagapo1984 SouthNY (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 05 at 13:37

Newbie to Cannas who just received some of the Stuttgart variety(said to do well in shade). Does anyone have any experience growing them? If so what was the best location with regard to hours of sun, shade type, or direction of exposure?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Shade ' Canna (Stuttgart)

hi,

You will get a lot of conflicting info. Mine have always been in full sun with lots of water and fert and always do great. They were over 8' tall last year. I am not sure how much variagation you will get in shade.

They do like good rich soil too.

Good luck!

Boca Joe

o
RE: 'Shade ' Canna (Stuttgart)

I have heard also that Stuttgart should be grown in shade. I have mine in full sun. This is the first year with them. I will say I have not had any sun damage to mine yet. Mine also get plenty of water and are in very good soil. Good luck you will love them. Eliz33

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here