Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canna Stuttgart virus?

Posted by matt80 Holland (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 23, 09 at 16:08

Hello,

Recently I bought a canna Stuttgart rhizome, now the plant is developping his first leaves. The problem is I think it shows signs of virus. Can anyone help me out and tell me if it's virus or something else, like stress. You can find the pictures in my home and garden webshots album, the link stands below.
Thanks for your help. Regards Matthijs

Here is a link that might be useful: canna stuttgart virus?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canna Stuttgart virus?

Hi Matt,

Tried to look at your pictures but Webshots advertising gets in the way and won't allow me to see your pictures.

I have used Webshots but it really sucks compared to Photobucket. I'd recommend using Photobucket. Much easier to retrieve a copy of your picture too.

From what I can see, it's hard to tell since I can't enlarge the photos. Only able to see a quick peek before advertising covers it.

Looks okay to me. But continue to watchit and keep it isolated from other cannas.

o

You deserve virused cannas for subjecting us to Webshots' BS.

o

okay thanks green thumb guy. I also loaded the pictures up in photobucket now. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: canna stuttgart virus?

o

Let it grow some more. It currently doe not appear to be mottled. You will know for sure when they get a little bit bigger. The leaves will begin to get more yellow and the become deformed.

If it is it appears to be at the very early stages. I can't tell at this stage.

o

I agree with irish moya that it's tough to say but it does maybe look like the early stages.

I'm in the same position with many of my cannas. Many are showing similar symptoms and it will be a crying shame if I have to toss them all.

o

Difficult to say. For now, I would just use a bit of caution and see what becomes.

We don't want to get nervous over every abrasion or blemish on a leaf.

o

Ok, thanks for everyone's comments. I will give it some more time and see how it develops. I will keep you updated. Regards Matthijs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here