Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canna Blooms fall over???

Posted by brothersun_tx z8a TX (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 22, 06 at 17:34

Hi, I posted tis on the Gardening in Texas Form because I thought it may have to do with the Texas Climate, but I have one particular Canna that since day one of planting has a problem of the bloom (actually the bud) falling over. The plant itself looks very healthy, but just as the shoot rises and last a couple of days, then it falls. I have other types, colors, etc.. that seem to do just fine, but this one particular Canna. It had beautiful, deep red, silky looking flowers and I would love to see them stand up. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canna Blooms fall over???

I have seen several on the canna sites that do that. Maybe it is just that cannas characteristic.
Sky~~

o
RE: Canna Blooms fall over???

Thanks Sky, I've wondered if it's this certain type too. Not a very good trait. But, it seems that in the week or so since I posted this, I have had a few blooms that stayed up right. These seem to be the first to sprout in spring and then seem to bud very quickly, almost as though the plant is growing too fast and blooms before it can handle the weight of it's on bloom. I've noticed these last few are shorter stalks (for lack of a better word) and the blooms are staying up. The mystery continues... Thanks and peace..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here