Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My cannas so far

Posted by mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 9, 09 at 11:11

I just wanted to post some pics of my cannas. All pass-a-longs except black knight and Tropicana.
1st.-tall
Canna finally blooming. Love the foliage, disappointed in flowers.
I perfer the large flowers. Canna with red leaves
2nd-tall very large leaves
cannas
Canna
3rd-med-early bloomer-peachy color
Canna Lily
4th(new)-short so far, small whit varigation in leaves.
Canna
just planted-tropicanna and tropicanna black-in bed now
Photobucket
this one is dwarf yellow with orange spots in throat
Canna
I'll post the blooms not shown when I upload the pics.
Hope you enjoy. If you know names please let me know.
Pattie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My cannas so far1

• Posted by mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 9, 09 at 11:24

I found the shots of the yellow varigated one.
Photobucket
Photobucket

o
RE: My cannas so far

Looking good; I do not see any Black Knight in the photos but the first couple of pictures are the tall growing C. Intrigue (small peach blooms). I am guessing the green leaf orange is C. Orange Beauty. Of course you know the C. Tropicanna with the large orange bloom. The striped green leaf yellow flowering canna is best known as C. Striped Beauty. Not sure about the peach blooming green leaf, but "may" be C. Apricot Ice or C. Apricot Dream.
Regards,
Kent

o

Thu, Jul 9, 09 at 23:01

Thanks Kent,

I know, I couldn't find a pic I took of my black knight. It is finally really taking off so, I'll take pics in morning before the sun hits them. My Tropicana finally has a inflo on it also. I kept it in the pot too long, same with the black knight and they are behind the others that were already in the ground.
Pattie

o
RE: My cannas so far/this morning

Fri, Jul 10, 09 at 11:26

Just took some new shots this morning. And you'll notice the leaf roller damage on some but I almost have them under control. Hate those suckers, YUCK. I hand kill them every morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: My cannas

o

Pattie, I believe your green leaf yellow canna is commonly labeled in the U.S. as C. Richard Wallace. This is not the "valid" name. It was renamed here many years ago and has remained attached to this cultivar here. In your area, the leaf roller is a big problem, best of luck. Kent

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here