Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patz8soga

Newbie Question/s

patz8soga
16 years ago

I ordered some red cannas from Park last year; got orange, but love them anyway! I want to get some unusual or "better" ones in the orange/red family--gold would be OK too! Could anyone suggest some that would be good and also a supplier to contact. I live in Zone 8; right on the Georgia/Florida border. Thank you!

Comments (2)

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

This time of year, some of the suppliers have stopped shipping for the season, but you can shop.

Horn Canna Farm has the basics, & their prices are right.

Karchesky has gorgeous cannas, & a huge variety, but expensive.

If you want to add cannas to your garden now, you might post on this forum's exchange page & on the Georgia or Southern Gardening Exchange pages.

I don't know if "the system" will allow you to post on the Texas Exchange forum, but if it doesn't, email me, & I'll post a link to this thread:

lots of us have cannas that we can send for postage.

I'll be happy to send some Wyoming later in the year, it's blooming right now: green leaves with a dark edge, brilliant orange flowers on a purplish bloomstalk.

I have lemon yellow (Conestoga) & coral red species type ones (Canna Indica Indian Shot) as well.

If interested, just keep my email address for late October:

sylviaboardwalk@aol.com

• chinagrove
    16 years ago

I hope this is OK to give this lady a recommendation on this forum. If you want to increase your cannas and want to try something fun, try growing cannas from seed. There is a lady in Texas that sells on Ebay. Cheap seeds! Beautiful cannas! Tropical Colors! Has excellent quality, fast shipping and also sends instructions and plant care (and bonus seeds). She sells 5 seeds for - Buy it now 2.25 & 2.00 shipping. Starting bids are .99 so you may get some for .99. Check it out. I love the ones i bought from her.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals