Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debs_plants

Canna Stuttgart & Pink Sunburst

debs_plants
18 years ago

Hi, I lost these cannas in last years hurricanes. Our shadehouse fell on alot of my favorite plants. I have been slowly replacing some of my prize posessions. I still have lots of plant varieties to choose from. I just require the top growth on the cannas to show true identity. I have been sent wrong varieties in trades in past. I also bought canna stuttgart from Hirts Greenhouse on ebay. They came up solid green. They would not replace. So I'm trying here for last resort before having to do another purchase. Give me a holler, thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenweb

Comments (7)

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Hi Deb, just wanted to say that I also just bought Stuttgart from Hirt's on ebay and mine came up solid green too. At least one of them did the other one was mostly rotten when I got it so I emailed him but never got an answer back. I haven't posted my feedback yet because I was waiting to see what would happen but now the one is up just this week and the other apparently isn't coming up. Just my 2 cents added to yours. BTW Hirt's trade name is Bulbmart.

Nancy

• wqcustom
    18 years ago

Hi deb,

I've got Stuttgart that I'd trade you for one of your Alocasia's or a Taro. I got mine at Plant Delights, so you know it's the actual variety. I'm fortunate enough to live 20 mins from them. Email me at aquiring@nc.rr.com for details and we'll set something up.
    Thanks!
    Will

• debs_plants
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Jaceysgramma, Thanks for your reply. My other bulb rotted as well. There trade name was Bulbmart when I did my ebay purchase for the 2 stuttgarts but under my google search they were also listed as Hirts Greenhouse so I wanted to get some warning out since I know this is a sought after canna & didn't want others to get burned. They were going to give my money back when I returned the canna but no replacements. So I figured I would just keep the green canna since it is the right form just no variegation. If I sent the canna I may have not even got my refund.

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenweb

• Eliz33
    18 years ago

As you said you already had Stuttgart I am guessing that you know that sometimes the first leaves come out green. I hope maybe yours will start showing some white. Mine started out all green and now are almost all white. I am so sorry that you got a bad deal. If you don't get your hands on any let me know and I can send you one in the fall. Good luck! Eliz33

• josette_sc
    18 years ago

Would you be interested in trading a stuttgart canna for an Australia (black leaf)? I purchased a stuttgart from that same person on ebay and it never did anything. Think mine was rotten also. Let me know if you are interested.

Josette

• beachplant
    18 years ago

I bought Stuttgart at the local nursery, it is Bengal Tiger! They won't replace it either. Bulb was from VanBloem, who I can't reach. Tally HO!

• marquest
    18 years ago

If you are still looking. http://www.thewatergardenshop.com/marginal.html

I got mine from them 2 years ago. You will get a growing plant 6". So you will know immediatly it is the right plant.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!