Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stem bloom

Posted by john3 7a NC (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 15:59

Have been wondering, since I've gotten by white flowering canna to bloom from seed. Does each growth bloom only once, or does additional flowering occur on the same stem? Wondering if they are like orchids that just bloom once. There is another smaller side eye that's sprouted, but not developing. Wonder if that will grow and flower later this year, after the main stem is finished blooming.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stem bloom

Mature ones can make a stalk with many individual bunches of flowers. In this pic, the 2 on the right have had their first one cut off already. If new ones will form on the same stalk, they will form inside the sheath below the older one. If you can't see what I mean, I'd be happy to take a closer pic. (A strong gust of wind knocked the yellow Gladiolus over, so it's using the Cannas for support in this pic.)

o
RE: Stem bloom

Thanks for the info by way of picture. Good to know this will or may occur with mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here