Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flower buds drying up and falling off

Posted by jaceysgranny 7aAR (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 17:04

Hi,

My City of Portland (I think) has lots of buds but most of them are drying up and falling off. The ones that do open aren't staying open for long and aren't as pretty as usual. What do I need to do? I've given them plenty of fertilizer and have tried to keep them watered. It has been very dry without much rain. Could that be the problem?

Thanks,
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flower buds drying up and falling off

My Striped Beauty--who should have been Stuttgart--is doing much much better, after the rains came.
Before that, it was a very sick and poor looking specimen.
Congrats on taking care of your cannas.

bud, rm

o

Water, water, water. That should pretty much solve the problem. During the hot months cannas will take all the water you can give 'em and they'll thank you for it.

Jenna

o

Thanks ya'll. Today I had a normal bloom on a different stalk. I love this Canna whatever it is! The color and size are just perfect.

Nancy

o

RM, my "Stuttgart" turned out to be a plain leaved green variety! I got it from ebay. Is that where yours came from too? There were two in the package and one of them was rotten when i got it and never came up.

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here