Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keithrnjd

online sources for canna nurseries?

keithrnjd
19 years ago

I have done a search and came up with Horns. Does anyone have any other online nurseries that sell good, healthy cannas?

Thanks!

Comments (18)

• Boca_Joe(zone 7b) southern Delaware
    19 years ago

Karchesky Cannas:

Boca Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Karchesky Cannas

• shar2926
    19 years ago

Dear Keith,
    I found some very pretty/pricy cannas offered here.......
    http://www.tytyga.com/canna/pg5.htm

(too bad order of fifty dollars minimum required)
    still drooling,
    Sharon

• farslayr
    19 years ago

you don't want to order from TyTy - do a search in all forums for TyTy - also check out the Garden Watchdog...

Highly Not recommended!

• kathicville
    19 years ago

I believe there's a place called Horn Canna Farm, or something close to that ....YOu might do a search on the name Horn on this forum and see what people have to say. (Plus check Gardenwatchdog.com.)

• minibite
    19 years ago

They sell other plants as well, but all of the canns that I bought here were vigorous growers and healthy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paradise Garden

• dighappy
    19 years ago

I just received an order from Horn Canna Farm. Couldn't ask for larger, healthier rhizomes. You certainly can't beat the price either, after receiving my original order I placed another order for 50 more rhizomes, this way I got the discounted price. I highly recommend this grower. Check out their website at www.cannas.net.

• Bonbon_N_KS
    19 years ago

Ok, I'll holding up my right hand, left hand on the bible...... I will NOT buy any more canna's (for 2005). Thanks for the Horn Canna Farm lead KathiCville! (no, really, thanks). They have VERY reasonalble prices, I thought. I had a minor problem on their website; I called them and spoke with Donna, she was very polite and cordial. Took my order over the phone. That was Tuesday, she said I should receive them today (Fri or Mon)! Now that is service. Let's see.... where to plant this group?............

• kathicville
    19 years ago

Ha, ha, I love being an enabler!!!

• dighappy
    19 years ago

Bonnie, I also swear not to order any more cannas (fingers crossed behind my back). I received my order for fifty more from Horn today. Together with my original order this makes about 73 cannas (not to mention the ones I lifted from last fall). I will be digging new gardens for these puppies.
    Dig

• callalilykris
    19 years ago

Try eBay! There's a Seller (Neoma's Garden is the name of her eBay store) that has the biggest 2-3-eyed rhizomes I've ever seen. I bought from her several times and all the cannas have done very well. She has many varieties, as well.

• eclpsprinc
    18 years ago

I've purchased all of mine from Neoma's Garden, as well. They are all growing beautifully. She's a great seller. She is very responsive to questions and custom orders.

• keithrnjd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I bought several from Horns and also a couple from Karcheski. They have arrived and have been planted, so now I'll wait and see what comes up!

Happy gardening!
    Sally

• fernzilla
    17 years ago

I am trying to find Futurity Pink or Pink Dawn as they seem to be the only DARK leaved Pink Cannas. Everywhere I locate
    them I find they are very expensive, or at least I think so.
    Aaron's had Dawn Pink for 39.00 each. I did find a place
    that sold Futurity 3 lg 2 to 3 eye size for 7.95 each. I thought that was pretty reasonable. Almost everybody that
    had Futurity Pink was already sold out. Any bodu know anyother sources? Oh I did see Futurity Pink on Ebay for
    4.99 ea but shippingwas 5.95 and 99 cents for ea additional
    one. Pretty high shipping I think.

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

I ordered expresso festival, 3 china dolls, and pink sunburst recently from McClure & Zimmerman. The 3 china dolls were mushy from the moment I opened the bag but I tried to give them a chance. The Pink Sunburst was tiny but actually sent up 2 leaves. The Expresso festival is not mushy, but hasn't sent out any new roots or leaves either. I did email, leave a message and write to Mc & Z to request a replacement on the china dolls. It must be an extremely busy time for them :) because I haven't heard back in close to 3 weeks. Karchesy is much more expensive but not if they actually send good viable rhizomes (which I understand they do) PLUS they respond quickly! Oh well, live and learn...

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

Well, I got a phone call AND an email from M & Z today! Think they read this forum? :) Anyway, very nice and offered me a refund or alternate replacement (out of china dolls! - maybe because they were all mushy?). I picked pink futurity so we'll see how those arrive! Interesting side note, the email return address was Jung's, I didn't realize that M & Z was part of Jungs. I still have my fingers crossed on the expresso, hopefully it will be up by the time my replacement pinks get here! :)

Fernzilla,
    M & C has the pink futurity 3 for $5.95, but based on my experience of maybe 4 out of 5 canna rhizomes not coming out, maybe you should wait to hear how the replacements do! If they're viable, I'd be happy to trade one with you in a few weeks.

• TropiConsul
    17 years ago

you will find a good selection at Brent and Becky's Bulbs. Brent Heath is a published authority and lecturer on the cultivation and landscape uses of bulbs. Some of the stuff I bought from him grew eight feet tall and attracted hummingbirds like crazy.

Here is a link that might be useful: cannas

• fernzilla
    16 years ago

Well I checked the Neoma's Garden user name, and Ebay siad there was no such user. Perhaps the spelling is wrong. I tried Neoma's Garden, Neomasgarden, Niomas Garden, Neomas
    Garden. I am going to try search under Cannas, perhaps it
    will show then.

• pkmaven
    16 years ago

There are a few who also sell on Ebay. The selection is huge!