Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Var canna from seed

Posted by miketropic 6B - 7 KY (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 18:02

Grew this from seed and have been impressed with it. Has not flowered yet but should be close. its seems semi stable for now only throwing out solid green stems of 1 in 4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Var canna from seed

another

o

newest leaf

o

Those are some interesting marks on those leaves, do you know the name of the plant the seeds came from?

I love growing Canna from seeds!
I have 6 this year, they are just about ready to put out buds and I cannot wait to see what the flowers look like
...I hope you'll post a followup with blooms! :)

o

Wow, that's beautiful! I's be so thrilled to get something like that from seed! I have grown cannas from seed for years and while I have gotten some red leaves and various flower colours, I have yet to get any stripe or variegation in the leaves.

Is it common to get the stripes if using seed from a striped variety or do they usually revert to solid?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here