Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bloom again?

Posted by rosefreak 6bNJ (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 18:08

Bought "Wyoming" on sale after bloom....will the spike bloom again, or will the plant throw up another spike? The spike looks pretty exhausted, and I don't see any little nubby "eyes" that look like they could sprout, but I'm new to cannas and maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I paid 4.99 for some nice foliage? ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bloom again?

lol, yes they will definitely bloom again, i leave the stock on to get the seeds out of it, but a lot of people trim them back, and sometimes they rebloom on the same stalk.

make sure it gets lots and lots of sun and it will start putting off clones to the side that will bloom shortly.

im in a very sunny location, and mine are planted on a septic tank, so within a month and half of buying a single bulb, its bloomed three separate times....

i planted a larger clump in the front, and its only been out of bloom for a week.

they will definitely rebloom if you give them enough water, fertilizer, and sunlight --- they are a tropical plant and prefer all those in abundance.

o
RE: Bloom again?

Thanks, jw. Sun and water I've got right now; I'll fertilize too, see if that does it. Too bad I don't have a septic tank though (they took it out.....)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here