Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canna Not Blooming Yet! What is Going On?

Posted by mimicubed z7SC (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 05 at 20:54

I have one clump of cannas that is not blooming at all; no buds; nothing. They bloomed very late last summer, and not very prolific. I thought it was because they were newly planted. I do not know their name as they were mislabled -- turned out they were yellow with red speckles. There are four other varieties of cannas along the driveway right next to these that have been blooming for quite a while. All of them have plenty of sunlight and water. There are probably ten other varieties throughout my yard that are all blooming. Have you ever heard of such a late blooming canna?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canna Not Blooming Yet! What is Going On?

My cannas went through a big move this last year. I thought they would never bloom, but they finally made it. If they are young or new to the ground it seems to take them longer. As long as they aren't planted too deep, or too crowded, they should do fine. Just think, when the others are done they might still be blooming for you.
Sky~~

o

None of mine are blooming yet. I had them in pots until about 3 or 4 weeks ago and then made a new bed for them. Some of them are growing fast and some are poking along. I sure hope the will bloom before winter.

Nancy

o

• Posted by lama z7a NM (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 11, 05 at 13:40

Only 2 of my ten or so that I planted are blooming yet. Some are still really small and show no signs of blooming anytime soon. I also hope that they manage to bloom this year! So it looks like you aren't alone!

o

good old faithful black knight is the only one blooming for me. The rest are taking the sweet time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here