Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need ID for this Canna

Posted by chrystallake_2007 Z7--NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 07 at 9:32

Can anyone id this canna. My husband bought me several and they were all unmarked, They are red with alot of yellow around the edges,
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need ID for this Canna

Perhaps Rosemond Cole? http://www.cannas.net/shop/cart.asp?action=prod_detail&catid=-1&prodid=3
http://www.karcheskycanna.com/rosemondcoleshistoric.htm

Peggy

o
RE: Need ID for this Canna

I think it must be Rosamund Cole. I got my first ones this year from Horn Canna Farm and when they bloomed they knocked me over! I am getting some more next spring because they will really catch the neighbor's eyes!
I have most of my cannas in pots. They like this very well, but at the end of the season I have to pull the plant out of the pot and take a regular wood saw and saw about a third off and replant the old ones. Give away or pot up the sawed off part. Sounds draconian but works quite well. If you don't they fill up the pot until it starts to break or they start to not bloom. I plan to have 4 big pots of Rosamund Cole in my front yard next summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here