Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please identify

Posted by boothbay 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 10:34

Was given to me 6 bulbs planted late in May of this year. I do not know what type of Canna is this. I was also told by a neighbor that I probably won't get any flowers this year cause it was planted too late. Is that true?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please identify

This cultivar is not identifiable without seeing the plant in bloom. It likely belongs to the Musafolia group of cannas. This group typically grows quite tall and produces rather small flowers usually in the red, orange or salmon shades. Several of these differing cultivars bloom in late mid-season in many areas. Your plant appears to be growing very well and I would not be surprised if it produced flowers before frost. You have a beautiful setting and hope you will update your results.

Kent

o

Well, surprise for me i see each one with a flower. They are orange color, and don't know if that is the final look of the flower or it would eventually really open up. I will show a couple of pictures soon.

o

The foliage appears similar to my 'Wyoming' which blooms a little late (for me) ... and orange. Your plant is very beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here