Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another ID!! from Lowe's

Posted by fairfield8619 8 N La. (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 11 at 16:43

I got this from Lowe's mark down for 5 bucks. It was labeled Tropicanna but it doesn't look like to to me! There were definitley Trops there on the shelf with them and I already have Trops so I'm pretty sure that's not it. May be Black Tropicanna? I like it anyway- just want to know what it might be.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another ID!! from Lowe's

The bloom color and foliage is consistent with Tropicanna Black.

Kent

o

It almost looks like my Wyoming. My Trop Black has redder flowers where my Wyoming is more orange. Striking plants both.

o

Hi! New to this bear with me. My husband bought a potted plant at local variety store last year. This was a smaller canna flower's that bloomed all summer long. Wanting some more of this variety, I noticed that Lowes also had an abundance of them. They came in assorted colours red, yellow and orange. I hope they have them this year. They do great in the hot, humid weather that we have been having. They last till the first fall frost. I used to have petunias, but not no more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here