Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aquarius1974

stinking dog ate my canna!

aquarius1974
18 years ago

Does this happen to anyone else? We have a puppy that is apparently eating all the blossoms off my lucifers. They almost open up and the next day, the half open blossom is lying on the ground. I have yet to see one in full bloom!!

GRRRR...

Comments (5)

• husky004_
    18 years ago

Had a dog that always did that to my tulips, daisies, etc. probably the ones that I wanted to see most...but ya gotta love em anyways...lost her last year and this is my first year seeing my lilies bloom...would have her back in an instant and to hell with the blooms.

• sylviatexas1
    18 years ago

You might try chew toys, stuffed toys (garage sales are the best places to buy them), & she might be craving something green, so you could mix some vegetables into her food, too.

Best luck!

• Nancy
    18 years ago

I got a puppy from the local shelter a few years ago, she was a real chewer. She ate my fruit trees. She was a yellow lab mix, and the sweetest dog, but she ate a cherry tree, a peach, & a pear, chewed up a bradford pear pretty good too. These were young trees, but not little tiny saplings, they were about 3" across where she chewed them down, then pulled the tree around with her everywhere she went. The dog was like a goat, she would chew anything. We have the underground fence & she would chew the collar off her companion dog & eat the collar & must have swallowed the batteries. Went through 3 collars before she stopped. She developed cancer at a young age, I suspect her diet had something to do with that. I really miss her, shewas the sweetest dog I have ever had, but boy was I mad when she go busy.

• aquarius1974
    Original Author
    18 years ago

So it's not just my bizarre dogs...
    I have four that were all imminent death rescues. Two are normal but one will chew anything up (tin cans! how does she do it??) and the newest (a starved, abandoned great dane puppy) still scavenges for food anywhere in the yard that it can find it. It's funny in a way...she won't touch the Richard Wallace cannas but she loves the Lucifers and coral vine...
    Argg...

• zitro_joe
    18 years ago

My dog isnt eating the blooms he is chewing the roots. Yesterday I had dug some up for a trade and I left the box open on the garage floor. I went inside to get some water and when I came back out he had pulled them all out and was snacking away.

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years