Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jroot_gw

Where is Peatpod with her hundreds of Cannas?

jroot
18 years ago

We'd all like to see photos of her cannas. Have they started to bloom yet, Laura?

Comments (7)

• Bonbon_N_KS
    18 years ago

2nd call for Peatpod.... hope she's okay.

• peatpod
    18 years ago

Im here .. Ive just been on vacation .. lost my adaptor for the digi cam .. Im gone again for a week and then I promise to post .. but for now .. here are some before and after photos .. starting with a bare front yard in the spring .. July 1. The photos of the back deck are from June 1 .. July 1. I havent even added my side yard :o0
    Before
    {{gwi:528053}}

Front yard July 1

{{gwi:536250}}

{{gwi:536251}}

Back Deck

June 1
    {{gwi:536252}}

July 1
    {{gwi:536253}}

{{gwi:536254}}

• jroot
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I see lots of Canna, elephant ears, and do I spy a Brugmansia or two there?

• peatpod
    18 years ago

You are seeing right Jroot .. I think I have 14 brugs right now. 3 Oleander .. one white, one red and the double pink. Mandavilla vine .. corkscrew vines .. cup & saucer .. Sago Palm .. bourganvilla vine .. three tropical hibiscus .. and the list goes on :o) Oh and the Blood Banana
    Laura

• jroot
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh, your home is going to be crowded this winter. I am thinking that I may give up on some of my tropicals. Even with the "garden room" downstairs, it could be too much.

Hmmm blood banana? Did I see that in the photo?

• peatpod
    18 years ago

I know what you mean about not enough room BUT .. the smaller EE's that I have .. and I dont think you can see them in the photos seem to cling to life with minimal light .. the cannas are easy to store and the others do just fine in either a dormant state (hibiscus), banana and some of the vines. Other vines I just start from seed. Im not sure about keeping the Olenader as I dont really find them to be all that attractive. The verigated one is coming along slowly so Im not sure if I will have a cutting for you in the fall or in the spring .. heck I might just give it to you. The Gunera I will attempt to over winter in the pot in a sunny location but I am not holding my breath with that one :o) When I find my patch cord for the camera .. I think I left it at the cottage .. I will send you some more detailed photos.

Take Care
    Laura

• Bonbon_N_KS
    18 years ago

Ahhhhhhhhh! Laura! Just wonderful, thanks for taking time out to post the pics, your plants are just grand.