Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
worm invasion!! they are chewing up my cannas

Posted by patrick45 north texas (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 07 at 23:57

well, since I cant show a picture ill tell you all what is happening, for a while the cannas have been acting weird and now the leaves are curling up into tubes and folding up and the tubes are bending around into all these weird shapes and the leaves have chew marks on them and when I opened a fold on the canna i found this big, white glazed over worm, like it was in some white liquid sack, it was like 2 inches long! what should I do?? I have a rose bush right cramped up against them and I have yellow cannas in the back and red cannas ( the ones that are being attacked ) in the front! what should I do??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: worm invasion!! they are chewing up my cannas

There are soap solution cures for insect pests. The soap doesn't kill the plants, but the pests die. For some insect pests, it doesn't work and you may need to use something more lethal. The worms gotta eat. True, they're eating your Canna, but if you taint their food, you may be rid of them soon. You are in TX, so don't expect Winter to rid you of the problem. These may be some sort of beetle larvae and if you don't kill 'em, it'll just get worse and be perpetual.

o
RE: worm invasion!! they are chewing up my cannas

I just cut mine down after finding the worms. All along I thought my husband wasn't watering properly.

Look for info on how to get rid of leaf rollers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here