Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know of a canna like this?

Posted by noticklish z5/6 CT (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 28, 04 at 11:39

Looking for names of cannas that have dark burgundy leaves and pink flowers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know of a canna like this?

Dawn Pink comes to mind.

https://www.cannas.net/shop/cart.asp?action=prod_detail&catid=-1&prodid=54

Here is a link that might be useful: Dawn Pink

o

A few more ..
Futurity Pink, Futurity Rose,
Wine and Roses, Rosever,
Shenandoah, Purple Faise,
Maggie, Barbara Hallman

o

I purchased several bags of Pink Futurity Cannas because they are supposed to have dark purplish red folliage and
Pink flowers. All sites I have looked at, say they have dark folliage, however all mine appear to have green
folliage. They are planted in full Sun. Does the folliage darken with age or heat of Summer? The package shows the folliage as greenish more than Burgundy. I can see a purplish color along the edge of leaves, so I thought they may darken as they mature.

o

Sorry but the leaves won't darken. It appears that your rhizomes were mislabeled. This happens quite often especially if you buy from box stores or discount stores. I hope they turned out to be pretty at least.

Nancy

o

All the cannas that I purchased as Pink Futurity came up
incorrectly. They grew very tall and had scrawny little
flowers that were orange. I purchased some from Karsh near
the end of the season, and they were all dried up looking.
I got one to sprout, but no bloom. It's foliage does appear to be the right color though.It has sprouted this Spring, so I will ust have to wait and see.
I am still looking for Pink Futurity at a reasonable price.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here