Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canna newbie - what to do with seed pods?

Posted by sk290 9b (sk290@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Sep 13, 09 at 17:28

I'm new to growing canna and need some help. I got some seed pods of a plant in a local park and I'm not sure what to do with them. Do you let them dry before harvesting the seeds for planting?

The seeds in these pods are very tiny and they look like sesame seeds. I thought that canna seeds looked more like bb gun pellets. However, I do know that the plants are cannas and the pods came from these plants. I'm not sure what kind they are but the flowers were red.

Some help in clarifying the seed question and what to do with them would be greatly appreciated.

Sandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canna newbie - what to do with seed pods?

They are not mature. Throw them away. Did you ask if you could take them?

o

Actually I did. Thank you for your input and have a great day!

Sandra

o

You pick them when they're dried. They'll be hard, smooth and black the size of a pea when they're ready.

o

Thank you very much for that polite answer... learning something new everyday! :)

Have a wonderful day.

Sandra

o

Forgive me for stereotyping but I know of too many thieves in CA. Why do you think the state is bankrupt? I lived there for 29 years too long.

o

Not a problem. I actually just moved here about a couple of months ago from Houston. Hope this 'CA thieves' thing is not contagious... :)

Have a great day!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here