Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stuttgart canna

Posted by v1rtu0s1ty Zone 5, Northern IL (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 2, 08 at 18:56

I have seen some links. People are not having good luck with them. They sai that leaves easily gets browning.

I would like to know if they're really that sensitive. I just saw a picture of it and fell in love again. :)

Here she is:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stuttgart canna

I too would love to have one myself!!!

o

I got two of them this summer and planted them in a spot that gets part sun/part shade the white parts of the leaves have burned quite a bit. Next year I plan on putting them in a spot where they will more shade and hopefully they will do better. I agree with you they are really stunning... if only the leaves didn't burn!

o

Where there any white part that didn't burn? On that area you put, how tall are they now?

Thanks!

o

Some of the leaves have quite a bit of brown on them and then there are some leaves that don't have any burning on them. They may be the newer leaves. I would say maybe about 20% is burned. The plants still look ok and are about 4 feet tall. I did see a posting on the garden web a while back that shows one growing in a pond and it looks really good and it was really tall.
Linda

o

From what I understand applying epsom salts is supposed to help with browning,also planting in a area with morning sun,or out of mid afternoon sun

o

Where can we buy this epsom salts? Lowes/HD/Walmart/Menards/Jewel/Dominiques/Aldi?

Thanks!

o

Stuttgart can get 6+ ft tall. I grew it with only morning Sun and it didn't burn.

You can buy epsom salts at any store that sells health aids. It is used as a bath additive, foot soak and laxative for humans. I buy 1/2 gallon cartons at walmart.
marea

o

I have my Stuttgart in morning sun and it has really taken off and spread over the past few years. It is tall and beautiful. Yes, the leaves do brown here and there, but I am not one for perfection. I look beyond the brown leaves to the overall beauty. I really enjoy it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here