Return to the Canna Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best day of my life, hehehe

Posted by v1rtu0s1ty Zone 5, Northern IL (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 30, 08 at 22:14

Good evening folks! I just want to share the deal I got this evening. It wasn't my intention to buy plants at Lowes. I just went there to check if they have started putting their plants on clearance. Guess what, their Tropicanna Black Cannas are on clearance for 10 cents each. So I bought all their cannas. I brought home 22 pots. WOOHOO!!!!

Here are the pics.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best day of my life, hehehe

yeah thats a pretty good deal. I would have tried to talk them down to .07 to .08 cents per plant. Nicely done even if you paid too much. j/k.

o

I went back there this morning. Brought home 5 ft tall spruce for $3 each. :D

I also saw another canna and it was 7' tall. The regular price was $50. I got it for $4. I will post a picture of it later.

Thanks!

o

Here is the picture as promised.

o

Wow! You lucky dog! (Pardon the expression)

o

yeah, my wife told me that she already noticed it last year that it's only Lowes that really gives a great plant clearance/sale in our area. :D

o

Well! I wish I could say that I am not envious! We all wish we were you!!!!!

o

Oppalm,I would not pay more than a nickle!LOL
V1rt,those dark leaved ones look alot like C.australis,looks like you may need to move into your dog house if you find anymore deals!should be fun to see how they all do next year,congrats!

o

Thanks! I actually brought in the following as house plants:

1. Bengal Tiger
2. Australia
3. Tropicanna Black

The tropicanna black had a really nice very dark maroon folliage. After more than 1 week inside the house with only 30 mins of sunlight, the dark maroon foliage is gone. The color green is showing up. However, for the Australia, it has retained it's color and it's growing fast too. For the bengal tiger, I don't see any change.

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

o

THAT'S THE DEAL OF THE CENTURY--wait, no- THE MILLENNIUM!!!!

That's it, I'm hitting Lowes tomorrow, hehe!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Canna Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here